Saturday, May 10, 2008

A day at the beach...

Off we go!!!
Hannah LOVES playing in the sand!

and kicking back!


family fun...digging!!!



The boys love boogyboarding and bodysurfing the waves!





Jacob decides he wants to be buried...






and Hannah finds a comfy seat to sit on!






Bill and the boys let me choose whatever I'd like to do for Mother's Day each year...so this year I chose to go to "Isle of Palms" beach in Charleston for the afternoon. We did this a day early on Saturday since we are expecting severe storms tomorrow...Sunday. The day was beautiful, sunny, 80's...and then around 3 pm we are told we are on Tornado watch. So, we pack up, go get some ice-cream and head home. As we were heading home we drove right through a storm...scared the tar out of me! I just happened to be on the phone with my mom at the time (who called to warn us to look out for tornados) and out of the blue lightening starts in...I'm not kidding it looked like it hit the ground right in front of us!!! Then we're driving under a bridge and notice a car stopped under it...so I'm thinking "Tornado!" and next thing the hail starts in (sign of tornados) and everyone is pulling over to the side of the road. So, we pull over and wait for the hail to stop...thought for sure a tornado was coming or someone saw one or something (Bill just thinks people couldn't see through the hail to drive) Either way...too scary!!! But, we made it! After just a couple minutes, it passes and the rest of the drive was a piece of cake...so wierd this weather out here! Our storm alert though had gone off 3 times today and tomorrow's suppose to be worse...might be spending mother's day in our tornado closet!:)





2 comments:

Chris and Georg said...

Hi Sandy,
What great photos, I especially like the one of Hannah sitting on her brother's head! Too cute!

Glad you had a nice time on Mother's Day! It looks like your move has suited you and your family so well! It comforts me, because we talk about moving all the time and it makes me a bit anxious!

Well blessings to you and your adorable family!

PS I love Proverbs 22:6, it's one of the many promises from our Lord that I cling to tightly.

PSS Thanks for changing the pink website, it's much prettier this way!

love,
Georg

Chris and Georg said...

Please tell me you have a tornado shelter?

Ya'll come back now!!!