Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A thunderstorm evening!!!

Wow! We just had a crazy evening of severe thunderstorms. The weather here is definitely more interesting I'll say than in California!!! We had a quiet day, took the kids to the pool this morning. Even grilled hamburgers on the deck for dinner (supper?) Jacob's friend is sleeping over and they were eating ice-cream when the storms came in. At first, no big deal, we were watching t.v. and the lightening at the same time until it was right above us. We turned out the lights and the t.v. and I ran upstairs to get Hannah out of her crib and we all curled up on the sofas with the blinds open watching...it was cloud to ground lightening. It was non-stop for about an hour, no pause between the lightening and thunder and we could feel the house rumble. Bill was watching out the window when one struck down just a couple houses away (nothing happened!)...except it did make my car alarm go off. It was sooo funny though, Josh realized his bedroom light was on and he ran to turn it off and I'm not kidding, just as he touched the switch is when the lightning struck and my alarm went off. Scared the tar out of him...we were cracking up!!! Poor Hannah, she was on my lap and buried her head every time, clutched me so hard. She didn't cry though, but she was sooo cute! Even Cider, our dog, was going nuts. He kept running back and forth over my feet. Anyway, just had to share...we're all done now and I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww you scaredy cats, that was nothin'! :)

Kim said...

I'll take the occasional ground shaking any day!

Ya'll come back now!!!