Thursday, June 26, 2008

An afternoon at Carowinds...

Carowinds is our closest amusement park...it borders North and South Carolina. It takes us about 1 hour 20 min. to get there (same as going to Disneyland in traffic when we were in Cali.). So, we got the boys passes. Unlike Magic Mountain, the water park here is inside the amusement park. (They just have signs saying shirts and shoes beyond this point). Anyway, so we spent a couple hours yesterday at the water park. While the boys were sliding, Hannah and I just hung out in the kids area. She's not fond of water spraying all over her so we pretty much spent the time right here. I did take her on the lazy river which she loved until we got to the section that you have to get sprayed. She hated that and didn't want to go around again. Although Hurricane Harbor in Cali. was much bigger, I have to say I loved how "uncrowded" it is here. I grabbed a lounge chair in the shade right next to her. I remember we use to have to get there when it opened just to grab chairs for the day. And then the lines! (I do miss having you, Heidi and Tina, who we'd always spend the summers there with though!)
Don't kids make friends so easily???

And then we walked around the amusement park while the boys did their rollercoasters. Jacob finally joined my other 2 rollercoaster fanatics...now they all 3 are!!! So, Hannah and I spent most of our time in the kids land. We went on this "Boots" choo-choo train ride 3 times in a row (She kept saying "one more time!")...I finally said that's enough. We went on the carasoul twice and she is getting to be such a big girl, she was barely big enough for the swings and jet boat rides...here's a pic of her on the swings:


Although I don't think she'll go on them next time...she got a little scared! Last summer she loved the hot-air ballon ride...but won't go near it now. She's at that age where she's afraid. Hopefully, she'll get past that quickly so she can keep up with her brothers!!!:) (Actually, I think I'll keep her young as long as possible!)

Oh! I think I hear thunder...our storm tracker just went off twice...guess we're on thunderstorm warning...better call Bill so he can pack up tools! Weather here is soooo wierd!

2 comments:

Chris and Georg said...

Hannah is so beautiful! Great pictures!

Unknown said...

I need your email address since i made my blog private so you can see it.

Ya'll come back now!!!