Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm a big girl!!!

Since I've caught her with her entire leg over the bars of her crib a couple times, we decided it was time for step one toward her "big girl bed". Bill took the side off her crib yesterday morning and she did soooo good for both her nap and bedtime last night. She went right to sleep...no problem! In fact, I just put her down for her nap today and again, no problem. She actually climbed out for a minute but I told her she needed to take her nap, I walked out of the room and watched her on the video monitor and she climbed right back in. I'm so proud of her!!! She was so excited to get a big girl bed like our neighbor (her friend), Vanessa! That was the first thing she said, "It's like Vanessa's bed!" She was so proud! When I was pregnant we got this baby furniture to get us by for the first 2-3 years, (which is kind of funny because she is child #4 and the only one we had to buy baby furniture for...we got rid of the other that was given to us after Nate)...anyway, we can't wait to go shopping for cute, frilly little girl furniture. Bill's thinking the princess canopy bed, I'm thinking more of the off-white with detailed etching (maybe canopy) and pottery barn style bright floral prints to go with it. We'll have to see, either way we will wait a bit, probably when she's 3! For now, I need to go out and get her the side rail thingy so she doesn't fall out at least:) Boy they grow too fast!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute. Her crib looks just like one of the lifelong transition cribs. Looks like it worked perfectly.

Ya'll come back now!!!