Monday, February 25, 2008

The boys' crazy weekend...

Wow! What a fun weekend the for the boys. Friday night Dad took them to "Winter Jam". I'm sure many of know what it is but just in case...all the "hottest" Christian bands like Skillet, Mercyme, Barlow Girl. etc. travel throughout the country and they come here every year in February for Winter Jam. Josh went last year when we first moved here with our neighbor, Josh's friend now, and he loved it. This year he actually worked at it with this same friend, they passed around the offering plates. They only charged $10 to get in but people are very generous with the offering..they brought in 2 million I heard in that alone. Jacob and Nate couldn't wait to go this year so Bill took both of them and they LOVED it!!! Bill said it was a good thing I didn't try to bring Hannah, it was really loud!!! But I so love that this is the music that the kids (even in the public high school) are in to here. The USC stadium was so packed that not everyone could even get seats, good thing Bill got there early with the boys.
And then Saturday, my neighbor took the boys on the culdesac to the USC basketball game. You should have seen them all with their Gamecox jerseys and Jacob and another boy, Caleb, with their garnet wigs...sooo funny! I wish I had a pic. I'll try to get one from my neighbor, who I must add was brave enough to take all these boys as he himself is a Mississippi fan (the team they played!!!) Poor thing!
On top of this, Josh spent the night at a friends house, Jacob spent the night at a friends house, Jacob had baseball try-outs, Nate finally got his tennis racket he's been wanting and dad took him twice to the tennis court to practice just for fun, and Nate wants me to add that his dad cracked an egg on his (Nate's) head for breakfast Sat. morning. (He was very excited about that!) So, that was our weekend! (Or rather the BOYS weekend!...isn't it always???) Hannah and I did go to the mall for a bit Friday when the boys were at the concert and she got a new dress from Gymboree that was on sale...(for anybody interested!!!) I'm sure she would have had more fun at the concert if it were up to her.

No comments:

Ya'll come back now!!!