Sunday, January 18, 2009

A moment to treasure...

Hannah is our little chatter box, to say the least, and she wants to know "how?" and "why?" about EVERYTHING! During her bath time the other evening, she started by asking me who made her hair. So, I explained to her that Jesus made ALL of her. Then, of course she had to look around and point to everything in sight and ask, "Did Jesus make that?", etc. etc., and since she is too young to get too complicated, I simply told her that Jesus made everything and everyone. Then I told her that in fact I asked Jesus to give me a little girl and He gave me YOU!!! She looked at me in the eyes very seriously, reached to hug me, and said, "Oh mom!!! That is so beautiful!".... and she is only 2! Priceless!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That is so cute! I remember having the same conversation with my sister. She is 18 years younger than me and I was giving her a bath. She was asking, "Does God know everything? "Can God see everything?" We talked about how God can see everything everywhere for about 1/2 an hour. At the very end she said," Can you please turn out the light...I don't want God to see me naked!" They are so precious at that age. I miss you guys, David and I were just talking about you yesterday.

Anonymous said...

That is so precious. Hannah is so adorable. Love you.

Kim said...

I just realized that Hannah and Noah are almost exactly the same age! when is her birthday? Noah was born May 8, 2006.

k

Ya'll come back now!!!